Sunday, June 21, 2015

Water everywhere! Happy frogs!

This isn't really research info, but I wanted to document the water.

We have had LOTS of rain in Iroquois County, Illinois. Last night we had a strong wind, lightning, thunder and RAIN storm blow through the area. Water is up over roads in the north part of Watseka. As of now, you cannot drive to the park pavilion where we are planning our family reunion in one week. I think I'll be checking into a new venue tomorrow, just in case.

At the farm, water is up in the pony pen and cattle pasture, higher than I have ever seen it. It was very eerie last night as I watched the rain pouring down and new rivers of water running across the barnyard. Of course the mosquitoes are getting really bad. I'm hoping all the FROGS that have come with the water can eat those mosquitoes! You'll see what I mean...

A work in contrast

Here's a nice winter snow, showing pony pen and cattle pasture between the trees
January 2015




















Here's the same shot with high water in the pasture today. The brown river water makes it look like this is lakeside property!
June 2015
Now a video from tonight. It is pitch dark out, so you won't see much. The bright dot at the end of the video is the crescent moon. The frogs are happy, for sure. (At least, I think some of this is happy frogs.)

 
Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment